Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 18 17 12:12 PM

Tags : :

1. Back to work. After three weeks visiting family in Florida. Back to Songshan Shaolin for training and living. [url]
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Feb 2 17 1:18 AM

yeah it's great stuff. there is a form also with the shi suo[stone locks]. I will post it when I finish learning it. great workout, definitely good for improving fighting skills.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 2 17 10:57 PM

I do swings, halos, curls and Turkish get-ups.
Since I've started I've noticed I'm getting stronger. I can carry more, and I can work in the garden longer.
I can even sort-of make out my muscles, lol.

"I have a high art: I hurt with cruelty those who wound me." (Archilochus)

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 4 17 11:01 PM

My grip strength has gone right up, too, I don't think you'd get that with normal weights.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Feb 7 17 5:02 AM

I bet that catch helps your reflexes, too, lol.
I got too many breakables and pets to do a catch, though.

I want to make a Hungarian coreblaster if the kettlebells get too light. It's just a crossbar handle with a vertical bar and a nut to keep barbell disks on. I bet I could pick up pipes and nuts to do it at the hardware store. I might even see if I can use a bicycle handlebar.
And I want to set up a wobbly board in my back yard like the Ironcrane guys use.
http://www.ironcrane.com/html/balance.htm

I used to have the best balance in my old dojo, but then I used to walk everywhere along the tops of fences, like Ranma Saotome.
Well, I never graduated to riding my bicycle along the tops of fences, like Shampoo, lol.
I can legit make it a few steps along a tightrope. I could probably do better if I started training for balance again.

Hey, you ever seen those iron sandals the Japanese sometimes use? Tetsu-Geta, that's something Akuma from Street Fighter would train in!

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 7 17 7:01 PM

What I was trained in was closer to boxing and wrestling, but fine-tuned for use by bouncers.
I seem to end up throwing together jeet kune do, MMA and ninjitsu chop suey when I train myself.
Lately I've been using more weapons- escrima, WW2 CQC, kendo and SCA.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help